The content covered includes topics such as program planning, lesson planning and evaluation, industry specific risk management and OHS, first aid and social media in the workplace.
The aquatics course will prepare students for employment in the Sport and Recreation industry. Over the course of the year they will develop the skills and confidence necessary to become an effective teacher. They will be exposed to industry settings where they can develop their communication skills, organisational skills and teaching strategies.
Not only will you obtain a Certificate III in Sport and Recreation you will also receive an Austwim qualification which will enable you to teach swimming lessons – a great part time job opportunity.
- Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- Course code: SIS30115
- Includes AustSwim qualification
- Total units: 15 (9 core and 6 electives)
- Prerequisite: Competent swimmer Combination: Can be combined with an ATAR pathway
- Pathways: Onto Cert IV or portfolio entry to university
- Location: Onsite at Manea Senior College
- Plan and conduct teaching programs
- Learning to be an effective teacher
- First Aid certificate training
- AustSwim teacher certificate
- Social media in the workplace
- Respond to emergency situations
- Risk management
- OH&S in the sport and rec industry
Aquatics in 2021: The SIS 30115 Certificate III Sport & Recreation (Aquatics) is a proposed offering for the 2021 academic year. At the time of publication, no agreements have been entered into with a Registered Training Organisation for the delivery of this qualification. On the basis of interest from students in the SIS 30115 Certificate III Sport & Recreation, the College will initiate a formal partnership agreement with a RTO for the delivery of the qualification.
In 2020 we offer this qualification through an agreement with South Regional TAFE.