Are you after hands on, practical skills and knowledge that prepares you for the world of work? Are you looking for a pathway to provide you with industry skills to join the workforce?
Vocational Education and Training (VET) provides you with skills and knowledge to perform effectively in the workplace. A VET qualification prepares you for, or in some instances qualifies you to do, a specific job.
VET can contribute directly to your career goals no matter what your destination is. It all counts in some way at different points in your career.
Why Would I Choose Vocational Education & Training?
- VET offers many pathways towards your career and vocation aspirations
- VET is nationally recognised which means you can take it anywhere in Australia
- VET contributes significantly towards your WACE.
The VET Pathway is for students who are looking at:
- Completing a Certificate, WACE and going on to further study at TAFE/work;
- Starting an apprenticeship at school and completing WACE;
- Bridging to University
- Leaving school before graduating
Often students combine VET with Workplace Learning. Students can use time spent in the workplace towards meeting the requirements of WACE through an Endorsed Program.