Learn how to help your community
Do you want to help your community and learn what to do in an emergency – are you physically active and like learning new skills, want to develop your team building skills? Have you thought about Emergency Services Cadets?
Cadets is for Someone who likes;
- to work collaboratively in a team and develop leadership skills
- learning outside of the classroom – 1 lesson per week conducted off site
- motivated to help make a difference
- getting involved helping out the community and environment
- pushing their boundaries and trying new things in a supportive environment
- wanting to add something extra to your resume or application
- going on camps and excursions.
The program is unique where most learning is done practically in a team environment. Students will work throughout the year to create a portfolio of evidence and log book of hours to achieve sign off. Participation in all activities on and off-site are compulsory.
- Up to 10 WACE points can be obtained over 2 years
- Emergency Services Cadets Recruit and Level 1 (1 completed each year, 1 WACE point per unit). The courses include learning Drill, First Aid and Emergency care, Fire Safety, Water Safety, Safe Operations and Search and Rescue.
- 55 hours of Community Service – volunteer within the community and provide a portfolio of evidence (1 WACE point every 55 hours, can complete 220 hours for 4 WACE Points)
- 55 hours of Off-Campus Enrichment – participate in practical activities outside of College (camps and excursions) to develop skills, success, respect and improved health/fitness. Some activities include; High Ropes, mountain Biking, Caving, Roller Skating and Hiking. (1 WACE point every 55 hours, can complete 220 hours for 4 WACE Points).
Students involved can also utilise elements of this course to contribute towards an interest in joining the armed forces as we all as the Duke of Edinburgh International Award Australia – bronze, silver or gold levels.