& AWARDS CEREMONY
Thursday October 26, 2023
- Date: Thursday October 26, 2023
- Ceremony start time: 6pm sharp until approximately 7:45pm
- Venue: Manea Senior College’s basketball area
- No visitors allowed on campus grounds before 4:30pm
- Tickets must be booked prior to the event – see the Tickets & Seating section at the bottom of this page
- This is an outside event. Please dress for the weather conditions.
- All guest parking on the night is available at Edith Cowan University
- Access is available from 4:30pm.
- Please do not park in the ECU staff area – park in the main carparks
- For Quick Access/Drop-Off: E on the map (must enter from the TAFE turn off as the drop off is only on 1 side of the road)
- Accessible/Special Parking: (F on the map) For special parking permission please email Hannah.Walpole@education.wa.edu.au
ARRIVING: Please ensure you leave up to 15 minutes to park and walk to the ceremony area. There are two methods of accessing the ceremony area once you have parked.
- Guest Entry 1 – Top Doors: For arrivals between 5pm and 5:45pm, please follow the directions of the MSC staff to enter the College building via the double doors off the ECU carpark. This is the most direct way to access the ceremony.
- Guest Entry 2 (Steep Walk): For arrivals from 5:45pm onwards, access to the ceremony area could take up to a 15-minute walk (this includes a steep walking section, so footwear should be considered). Please follow the directions of the MSC staff to access the ECU – MSC path.
Guest DEPARTURE. At the conclusion of the ceremony guests will be able to leave the ceremony area via ‘Guest Entry 1 – Top Doors’ as above. If leaving before the end of the ceremony, guests will need to leave via the ‘Guest Entry 2 – Steep Walk’ as outlined above.
PHOTOS & OTHER THINGS
- Professional photos will be taken of each individual student in their gown and sash on the evening. Information for downloading these images free of charge are in the program provided at the ceremony
- You may take your own photos and video throughout the ceremony
- You might like to bring mosquito repellent
- Please do not bring pets or alcohol – and please be aware that this is a drug free, non-smoking (including e-cigarettes and vapes) event
- Toilets are located inside the building and to the right hand side (D on the map)
- There will be a coffee van onsite for purchasing of hot drinks
- All student parking on the night is at TAFE
- Access will be available from 4pm
- Students have permission to park in the main carpark near the Trade Training Centre.
- Access to parking is via Sommerville Drive.
- Students must not park in the Epicure (restaurant) carpark
- Students do not need to register for tickets. Ticket registration is just for your family/guests
Student ARRIVALS. Students are required to arrive by 4.30pm and assemble on Level 2 near the Cafe. Students should have their gown and sash in place when they arrive.
STUDENT DRESS CODE
The ceremony is a formal occasion. Students are required to wear their white MSC shirt, grey College shorts/pants or skirt. Shoes must be ALL black. Gowns and sashes must be collected on Friday 20th October between 8:00am – 12 noon from the Conference Room on Level 1 (there will be signs directing you). Please arrive at the ceremony wearing these items over your MSC shirt.
Gowns will be individually numbered and registered to each student. It is imperative that these are returned to Student Services at the end of the ceremony. The cost to students for replacement gowns if unreturned will be $50. Sashes can be kept by students as a memento of the evening.
TICKETS & SEATING
- There are FOUR tickets allocated per graduating student for family/guests (sorry, no exceptions)
- Graduating students DO NOT need to register for tickets
To register for tickets, you will need the password (*see information below) Register for tickets here (Tickets are at no cost)
*PASSWORD: The password is listed on the email sent to you by the College on Wednesday September 13, 2023. Subject ‘Year 12 Presentation and Awards Ceremony’. Ticket registrations close 6pm Thursday October 26.
Seating is not allocated and will be issued on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
IT WILL BE COLD
Graduations are heart warming, but the evening air will be quite chilly. We encourage all guests to prepare for a cold night. Once the sun goes down and you’ve been sitting for some time – you will get cold. Bring a blanket, bring some hand warmers!