2021 PRESENTATION & AWARDS CEREMONY
October 27, 2021
Manea Senior College grounds
- Date: Wednesday October 27, 2021
- Ceremony start time: 6pm sharp until approximately 7:45pm
- Venue: Manea Senior College’s basketball area
- No visitors allowed on campus grounds before 4:30pm
- Tickets must be booked prior to the event – see the Tickets & Seating section at the bottom of this page
- This is an outside event. Please dress for the weather conditions on the day
Due to this being an outdoor event, for the comfort and safety of our students, guests and staff, an alternative date has been set should the weather prevent us from proceeding on the 27th October. The ‘back up date’ is for the following evening Thursday 28th October (weather permitting).
- All guest parking on the night is available at Edith Cowan University
- Access is available from 4:30pm.
- Please do not park in the ECU staff area
- For Quick Access/Drop-Off: E on the map (must enter from the TAFE turn off as the drop off is only on 1 side of the road)
- Special Parking: (F on the map) For special parking permission please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ARRIVING: Please ensure you leave up to 15 minutes to park and walk to the ceremony area. There are two methods of accessing the ceremony area once you have parked.
- Guest Entry 1 – Top Doors: For arrivals between 5pm and 5:45pm, please follow the directions of the MSC staff to enter the College building via the double doors off the ECU carpark. This is the most direct way to access the ceremony and includes walking down a set of stairs
- Guest Entry 2 (Steep Walk): For arrivals from 5:45pm onwards, access to the ceremony area could take up to a 15-minute walk (this includes a steep walking section, so footwear should be considered). Please follow the directions of the MSC staff to access the ECU – TAFE path nearest the ECU building
Guest DEPARTURE. At the conclusion of the ceremony guests will be able to leave the ceremony area via ‘Guest Entry 1 – Top Doors’ as above. If leaving before the end of the ceremony, guests will need to leave via the ‘Guest Entry 2 – Steep Walk’ as outlined above.
PHOTOS & OTHER THINGS
- Professional photos will be taken of each individual student in their gown and sash on the evening. Information for downloading these images free of charge are in the program provided at the ceremony
- You may take your own photos and video throughout the ceremony
- You might like to bring mosquito repellent and blanket (in case it gets cold)
- Please do not bring pets or alcohol – and please be aware that this is a non-smoking event
- Toilets are located inside the building and to the right hand side (D on the map)
- All student parking on the night is available at TAFE
- Access will be available from 4pm
- Students have permission to park in the main carpark near the Trade Training Centre and the overflow carpark
- Students can access the parking bays via the main TAFE entrance (bollards will be removed) or through the Sommerville Drive access
- Students must not park in the Epicure (restaurant) carpark
- Students do not need to register for tickets. Ticket registration is just for your family/guests
Student ARRIVALS. Students are required to arrive by 5pm and assemble in the foyer at Level 1 Admin. Students should have their gown and sash in place when they arrive.
STUDENT DRESS CODE
The ceremony is a formal occasion. Students are required to wear their white MSC shirt, formal black long pants or formal skirt with stockings. Shoes must be ALL black. Gowns and sashes must be collected on Tuesday 26th October between 8:00am – 12 noon from the Conference Room on Level 1 (there will be signs directing you). Please arrive at the ceremony wearing these items over your MSC shirt.
Gowns will be individually numbered and registered to each student. It is imperative that these are returned to Student Services at the end of the ceremony. The cost to students for replacement gowns if unreturned will be $50. Sashes can be kept by students as a memento of the evening.
STUDENT REHEARSAL DATE & TIME
A rehearsal will be conducted at 9am, Friday 22nd October, prior to the Year 12 Farewell Breakfast. Students are to be in College uniform and attendance is compulsory for all Year 12 students attending the ceremony. Students need to meet on the basketball court. Please consider car-pooling or public transport to attend this event as parking will be minimal.
TICKETS & SEATING
- There are FOUR tickets allocated per graduating student for family/guests (sorry, no exceptions)
- Graduating students DO NOT need to register for tickets
- To register for tickets, you will need the password (*see information below)
Register for tickets here (Tickets are at no cost)
*PASSWORD: The password is listed on the email sent to you by the College on September 22, 2021. Subject ‘Year 12 Presentation and Awards Ceremony’. Ticket registrations close Thursday October 21.
Seating is not allocated and will be issued on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Event seating proudly sponsored by Southern Ports.
Please see the map for directions and layout. The map is not to scale (the distance for guest parking to the event area is further than is shown). For any further questions please phone the College on 9721 0400 or email email@example.com