Study graphic design at manea
High Paced – Hands on – Real Clients
Graphic design is everywhere, from your favourite app to your favourite chocolate wrapper. In this hands-on graphic design course (Certificate III qualification) you will learn a range of skills and knowledge needed for entry level positions in design areas such as visual communication (graphic design), web, fashion and interior design.
This high-paced, energetic course has a large focus on authentic projects and work practices using industry software. You will be taught by an industry professional in marketing and graphic design who will help you develop the skills and knowledge to work in the dynamic industry of design.
You will learn to follow the design process to produce and prepare pages for the College’s annual yearbook, produce your own online portfolio and develop a professional approach to client interactions. This course includes:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Working with real clients on real client projects
- Qualification: Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- Course code: CUA30720 Total units: 12 (7 core and 5 electives)
- Duration: Two years, both years 11 and 12
- Prior experience: Nil. (Must be very comfortable in talking to people)
- Combination: Can be combined with an ATAR pathway
- Pathways: Onto Cert IV or portfolio entry to university
- Location: On site at Manea Senior College
- Frequently asked questions
- The Design Process – Examples
Client Design Work
Student Year 12 WordPress portfolios
Graphic Design in 2022: The CUA30715 Certificate III Design Fundamentals (Graphic Design) is a proposed offering for the 2022 academic year. At the time of publication, no agreements have been entered into with a Registered Training Organisation for the delivery of this qualification. On the basis of interest from students in the CUA30715 Certificate III Design Fundamentals, the College will initiate a formal partnership agreement with a RTO for the delivery of the qualification. In 2021 we offer this qualification through an agreement with North Metropolitan TAFE.
6 qualities of a good designer
- Enjoys meeting and talking to people and is an effective communicator (client oriented)
- Is creative and can come up with new and exciting ideas
- Is able to manages priorities: is able to work to deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Open to change: hears all feedback with an open mind
- Loves being part of a team
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude – sometimes computers break!
Meet the teacher
Natalie is an industry experienced professional and an Adobe Certified Associate Visual Design Specialist. She has worked in the advertising, marketing, and design industry for over 15 years. She is passionate about all things to do with graphic design and maintains established industry networks and active business and creative partnerships. Her subject-knowledge and hands-on experience ensures her graduating students are competitive for a job in design.