Study graphic design at manea
Graphic design is everywhere, from your favourite app to your favourite chocolate wrapper. In this hands-on graphic design course (Certificate III qualification) you will learn a range of skills and knowledge needed for entry level positions in design areas such as visual communication (graphic design), web, fashion and interior design.
This course has a large focus on authentic industry standard projects and work practices. You’ll learn skills in industry-specific software (Adobe Creative Cloud) and work on real client projects to build a portfolio of digital, print and communication designs. You will learn to follow the design process, (critical thinking, creative brainstorming, develop and refining ideas), produce and prepare pages for the College’s annual yearbook, produce your own online portfolio and develop a professional approach to client interactions.
You will be taught by an industry professional in marketing and graphic design who will help you develop the skills and knowledge to work in the dynamic industry of design.
- Qualification: Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- Course code: CUA30715 Total units: 12 (7 core and 5 electives)
- Duration: Years 11 and 12
- Prior experience: Nil. (Must be comfortable in talking to people)
- Combination: Can be combined with an ATAR pathway
- Pathways: Onto Cert IV or portfolio entry to university
- Location: Onsite at Manea Senior College
Client Design Work
Student WordPress portfolios
- Client Testimonials
- The Design Process – Examples
- Frequently asked questions
- Students talk about the Cert III design course
Graphic Design in 2021: The CUA30715 Certificate III Design Fundamentals (Graphic Design) is a proposed offering for the 2021 academic year. At the time of publication, no agreements have been entered into with a Registered Training Organisation for the delivery of this qualification. On the basis of interest from students in the CUA30715 Certificate III Design Fundamentals, the College will initiate a formal partnership agreement with a RTO for the delivery of the qualification. In 2020 we offer this qualification through an agreement with North Metropolitan TAFE.
6 qualities of a good designer
- Enjoys meeting and talking to people and is an effective communicator (client oriented)
- Is creative and can come up with new and exciting ideas
- Is able to manages priorities: is able to work to deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Open to change: hears all feedback with an open mind
- Loves being part of a team
- Has a can do attitude – sometimes computers break!
Meet the teacher
Natalie is an industry experienced professional and an Adobe Certified Associate. She has worked in the advertising, marketing, and design industry for over 15 years. She is passionate about all things to do with graphic design and maintains established industry networks and active business and creative partnerships. Her subject-knowledge and hands-on experience ensures her graduating students are competitive for a job in design.