Are you Interested In Pursuing A Career In The Creative Industries Arena?
Our Graphic Design course (Certificate III qualification) will provide you with a pathway into a career in design and the creative industries. The areas of study cover a range of skills needed for design specialisations such as graphics/communication, web design, fashion design, interior design and creative direction.
This course provides you with an introduction to the practice of graphic/communication design and you will learn to follow the design process, produce and prepare images to create industry relevant design projects. The projects you will create will utilise the Adobe suite of products, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
When you have completed this course, you will have generated a portfolio of design solutions that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of the design process and your ability to work within a design industry context. This portfolio is yours to keep, share and develop as you progress in your design aspirations.
- Qualification: Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- Course code: CUA30715
- Duration: Years 11 and 12
- Total units: 12 (7 core and 5 electives)
- Prior experience: Nil
- Combination: Can be combined with an ATAR pathway
- Pathways: Onto Cert IV or portfolio entry to university
- Location: Onsite at Manea Senior College
- Client Testimonials
- The Design Process – Examples
- Frequently asked questions
- Students talk about the Cert III design course
Client Design Work
WordPress Design Portfolios
Graphic / communication design
Graphic design involves effective visualisation of communication concepts, primarily in print and electronic media. This course will teach you how to interpret and respond to a client’s brief and how to manage a broad range of skills across web, print, social media and interactivity. In this course you’ll have real life clients and be taught how to respond to their feedback and how to work to time constraints.
Meet the teacher
Natalie is an industry experienced professional and an Adobe Certified Associate. She has worked in the advertising, marketing, and design industry for over 15 years. She is passionate about all things to do with graphic design and maintains established industry networks and active business and creative partnerships. Her subject-knowledge and hands-on experience ensures her graduating students are competitive for a job in design.
6 qualities of a good designer
- Enjoys meeting and talking to people and is an effective communicator (client oriented)
- Is creative and can come up with new and exciting ideas
- Is able to manages priorities: is able to work to deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Open to change: hears all feedback with an open mind
- Loves being part of a team
- Has a can do attitude – sometimes computers break!